Apple Nut Salad with Maple & Bacon
Another savory way to enjoy maple
Preparation 20 min
Cook time 5 min
Portions 4 to 6
- Heat nuts over low heat in a frying pan.
- Remove from heat and incorporate the maple syrup.
- Return to heat and continue cooking, stirring frequently until sugar crystallizes and clings to the nuts.
- Let nuts cool on a baking sheet.
- Combine all ingredients until dressing is creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the lettuce, apple and onion in a salad bowl. Add the dressing and toss. Top with the caramelized nuts and bacon.