Maple Butter Oatmeal Muffins
Maple butter turns oatmeal muffins into a decadent gourmet treat
Preparation 15 min
Cook time 25 min
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line tins for 12 muffins with muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, combine the maple sugar, oil and eggs using a whisk. Add the vanilla and apples and continue mixing. Incorporate the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, milk and maple chunks. Mix using a fork.
- Fill the muffin cups with the batter until they’re 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until muffins are golden brown. Let cool in tins for 10 minutes then remove the muffins.
- Using a knife, carve out a circle in each muffin top to form a cone-shaped cavity. Remove and set aside.
- Fill each muffin with 1 tbsp. maple butter. Cover cavity with muffin piece removing a bit of its base if needed.