Maple Sausage Pasta
The subtle sweetness of maple takes an Italian favorite to another level
Preparation 15 min
Cook time 30 min
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan and cook onion until tender.
- Cut sausages into small pieces and add to pan.
- Cook, stirring, until all traces of pink are gone.
- Add the milk and simmer over very low heat until it is absorbed
- Add the tomatoes, maple syrup, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Let simmer about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens.
- Toss with the pasta and serve with parmesan cheese.